Most California citizens can legally very own or possess weapons. But with a number of the most huge gun laws in the nation, even folks that lawfully own guns in California are concern to numerous restrictions. Gun laws in California are numerous and complex. It is easy for law abiding citizens to get dragged into court over a host of technicalities or for innocent people to be wrongfully accused of gun-law violations. We have the solution of all about the firearms offenses by our expert whose knowledge about the law is great
The firearms offenses and their types are mention below which will get you update about the offenses related to weapons. A weapons charge is a critical offense, the bulk of weapons prices being felonies. Gun legal guidelines prohibit possessing or sporting firearms under particular circumstances. You may additionally face criminal penalties if you own or deliver an illegal firearm or illegally bring or own an in any other case felony firearm.
What happen if I get caught with a gun?
Generally, carrying a loaded firearm in a public place is a misdemeanor. However, depending on certain factors, you can also be charged with a felony. And its punishment and framing of charges will accord the state's laws
There are a number of weapons charges in California, including:
- Carrying a concealed weapon (25400 PC)
- Improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle (26100 PC)
- Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (245(a)(2) PC)
- Possession of a weapon by a convicted felon (29800 PC)
- Firing or shooting an object into an occupied building (246 PC)
- Illegal sale of a firearm (26500PC)
- Possession of an assault weapon (30600 PC)
Also the following commitments are come under firearms offenses like,
- Illegal possession of a firearm by a felon or other restricted class
- Illegal sale of a firearm
- Carrying a loaded firearm in public
- Using a gun on school grounds or on government property
- Owning certain classes of assault weapons or rifles
- Use of gun silencers or armor-piercing ammunition
- Brandishing a firearm, assault with a firearm
- Drive-by shooting are all on the books
Defenses which you can take against Firearms offenses includes,
- Non Ownership of weapon
- Recover from you in result of conspiracy
- Self-defense and other defense
- Illegal search and seizure
- Accidental and by mistake firing by a weapon
- Police entrapment
- Prosecutorial misconduct
Why hire an Attorney and Why Us?
If you or a person you know is arrested for a weapons-related offense, the first aspect you need to do is touch a skilled weapons rate defense attorney. You have a limited amount of time to prepare your case, and police, prosecutors and investigators are already deeply worried in preparing a case against you
The Law Office of Raoul Severo understands that many factors, like the type of weapon used and the defendant's past criminal history, often affect your case. We also realize the vast difference between certain light misdemeanor sentences and felonies that can get you 10 years in state prison. Attorney Severo will build you a tailor-made defense based on the facts of your specific case and maximize your chances of a favorable outcome for any type of gun-crimes charge.