In the state of California there are several laws concerning different types of concealed knives, blades and swords that must be understood before acquiring these kinds of items. The following sections of the California penal code considers the many kind of concealed Knife or sword laws in the state
- California Penal Code Section 20310 - Air Gauge Knife
- California Penal Code Section 20410 - Belt Buckle Knife
- California Penal Code Section 20510 - Cane Sword
- California Penal Code Section 20610 - Lipstick Case Knife
- California Penal Code Section 20710 - Shobi-zu (stick or pole concealing a knife or blade)
- California Penal Code Section 20910 - Writing Pen Knife
- California Penal Code Section 21110 - Ballistic Knife
- California Penal Code Section 21310 - Dirk/Dagger
- California Penal Code Section 21510 - Switchblade Knife
Punishments for a Concealed Knife or Sword in California
With the exception expressed in Chapter 1 (starting with Section 17700, Division 2, Title 2), any individual in California who imports into the state, retains for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, or who gives, lends, or possesses any of the items part of the sections mentioned above is guilty of a crime, punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not more than 1 year or imprisonment in a county jail for 16 months, or 2 or 3 years (according to subdivision (h) of Section 1170)
However the Penal Code Section 21510 - Switchblade Knife has different consideration and states that every person who does any of the following with a switchblade knife having a blade two or more inches in length is guilty of a misdemeanor:
- Possesses the knife in the passenger's or driver's spot of any motor vehicle in any public place or place open to the public.
- Carries or holds the knife upon someone.
- Sells, offers or exhibits for sale, loans, transfers, or gives the knife to any other individual.
The Law Office of Raoul Severo
If you or someone close to you are facing charges for violating any of the penal code sections regarding a Concealed Knife, blade or Sword in California, getting in touch with an experienced criminal defense lawyer is the best course of action. With more than 40 years of experience, the Law Office of Raoul Severo is at your disposal for a free of charge assessment of your case.
Last but not least, by reading this article you are entitled to use one of our discount coupons for lawyers that will grant you a discount and a free assessment of your case. Just send us a message including the code: CriminalDefense_6-20
Send us a message! We'll get back to you ASAP