Forging or falsifying information regarding vehicle registration may not sound a heinous crime, yet it is. The California law authorities dealing with vehicles and other relatable departments including registration, smog test, and pollution control are very strict when it comes to ensuring the safety of riders, drivers, and vehicle owners. The same scenario goes for the vehicle code 4463 VC for which the detailed information is as following.
Forging or Falsifying Vehicle Registration Information- Vehicle Code 4463 VC
While understanding the terminology, you can either find Vehicle Code 4463 VC with "VC 4463" or "CVC 4463". Here, VC stands for Vehicle code and CVC stands for California Vehicle Code.
Under the California Vehicle Code 4463 VC, there are certain rules and regulations that you need to abide by. The list of those rules is as follows that mainly includes the prohibitions.
- The law prohibits forging, falsifying, altering, or counterfeiting any information related to vehicle registration.
- One cannot display or possess revoked, forged, canceled, blank or counterfeit documents related to registration of a vehicle with intentions of committing fraud.
- The law also restricts the passage or attempt to pass the forged or false vehicle registration material as genuine or true.
When you commit any of the above mistakes, then you are considered as a criminal in the eyes of law. In that case, you'll be found guilty and the following penalties may be charged up against you, from which only a defense attorney can save you from.
Punishments for Vehicle Registration Fraud- Vehicle Code VC 4463
Under the list of penalties that you face after committing vehicle registration fraud, you can count on the following points.
- The most prominent thing that you must know is that vehicle registration fraud under CVC 4463 falls in the terminology of California wobbler.
- With this crime, either you will be considered a felony or a misdemeanor.
- When you get charged with misdemeanor vehicle registration fraud, you will carry a county jail of a maximum one year and/or the monetary fine of $1,000.
- The felony vehicle registration fraud invites a county jail sentence of 16 months, two years, or three years. Also, you can be charged with a fine of not above 10,000 dollars of money.
- There are also possibilities that you lose your California driving license. Or, the department can refuse to issue or renew the same.
All-in-all, you are going to get charged with highly serious penalties along with risking your reputation record. A disturbing record can surely become a hindrance in your professional life; therefore you must take the advice of a defense lawyer to lessen the penalties or to escape from them in any way possible.
Possible legal defenses against getting charged for Vehicle Registration frauds
There are a few defenses possible that your criminal attorney can present to the court on your behalf. Scroll down to know a few of those legal defenses that can save you.
- our lack of fraudulent intention
- Absence of enough pieces of evidence and proofs against you
For better assistance and information regarding the same, you can pay an eye to the following paragraph where you can see the details of defenses.
The Criminal defense attorney for California Vehicle Registration frauds
In the case of forging and falsifying vehicle registration documents, there are plenty of penalties. But, there is a possibility that you show, present or display forged vehicle registration documents as you might have relied on anybody else who represented the same to you. In that case, you are not a wrong person but something wrong happened to you. Consequently, an experienced criminal defense lawyer can show the lack of criminal intent and you can get a valid accident defense. With this, you can get rid of all the criminal liabilities depending on your intention.
All you need to keep in mind is that the faster you consult a lawyer, the earlier you get a resolution. In The Law Office of Raoul Severo your case will be in the hands of an experienced and skilled criminal lawyer who has precise knowledge of this crime. Once your lawyer comprehends the conviction for the specific crime, his early involvement in the case can even stop the filing of felony charges against you.
For a first free of charge approach to your case, please contact us using one of our California defense attorney coupon codes: CriminalDefense_07-20
Send us a message! We'll get back to you ASAP