Fight Your DUI Arrest
The penalties for driving under the influence are harsh, even if no one was harmed. Your license is suspended. You face steep fines and possible jail time. A DUI conviction can also negatively affect employment, auto insurance rates and other areas of your life.
The Law Offices of Severo, PLC provides the skilled and aggressive DUI defense you need. Our experienced lawyers challenge every facet from the traffic stop to the breathalyzer test. We work to get the case dismissed or to soften the punishment and preserve your driving privileges.
We’ve Handled Every DUI Scenario
Raoul Severo and his team have defended every type of case, including:
- First-time DUI arrest
- Repeat DUI offenses
- Aggravated DUI (high blood alcohol content or child in the car)
- Underage DUI (.02 blood alcohol)
- CDL truck drivers (.04 blood alcohol)
- Driving under the influence of drugs (DUID)
- Implied consent violation (refusing the breath test)
- Drunk driving accidents resulting in injury or death
DUI defense is fact-specific. We look at the unique circumstances of your arrest. Did the officer have probable cause to pull you over? Were you taken into custody for “flunking” the field sobriety tests? Was the breathalyzer properly calibrated and administered? We leave no stone unturned in trying to get your charges dismissed or reduced, and we are fully prepared to fight for you at trial.
The Harsh Consequences Of A Drunk Driving Conviction
California has some of the strictest DUI laws in the country.
- A first offense is punishable by a fine of up to $2,000, 48 hours in jail, four-month license suspension and mandatory alcohol education. The penalties are increased if your BAC was over .16
- A second offense within 10 years carries a fine up to $2,000, minimum jail of 96 hours, one-year license suspension and 30 months of DUI school.
- A third DUI within 10 years is punished by jail of 120 days to one-year, three-year license suspension, DUI school, probation up to five years and a mandatory ignition interlock.
- Breath test refusal triggers one year of license suspension with no option for ignition interlock.
The Clock Is Ticking On Your Driver’s License
You have 10 days from the date of your DUI arrest to request an administrative license hearing. This is separate from the criminal charges. We may be able to save your license or get you a limited permit to drive to work or school. Don’t let the deadline expire!
Get Our Fighters On Your Side
The court penalties and collateral consequences demand that you hire an experienced DUI defense lawyer. There is too much at stake to plead guilty or try to defend yourself in court. The Law Offices of Severo, PLC is experienced and tenacious. We give you a fighting chance to beat the charges or avoid the worst punishment.